Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, 2014


I guess I could say I’m doing okay out here now. Nothing of significance has happened recently that plants itself in my mind to blossom into a blog entry later. No news is good news, I suppose. I find it a bit absurd at the amount of sedentary living I do; I suppose I can comment on that. I have a budget and a kitchen, and I eat a Reese’s at approximately 3pm every day, and I always wash the dishes as soon as I come home and I won’t eat until the dishes with which I used to cook my meal are clean too. Not that you, reader, should care about any of this meaningless nonsense, because in the end how interesting can it really be to read so much about one person that you have absolutely no vested interest in? No, no, I’m not fishing for compliments. I’ve only had a terrible experience of sitting in a hunting cabin with no excuse to leave while a fellow hiker explained to me the details of his newly built telescope, down to the size of each lens. It was such a long conversation, if you can even call it that, that my aunt had baked two whole batches of cookies before I could even get one single word into the conversation. I hope my stories aren’t so mind-numbing, but if you’re back to read this, suffice it to say I genuinely appreciate it. I will keep writing though, regardless of readership; it’s just the way it is, and one day, when I am married with a daughter, and I can appreciate with a whole new level of understanding the amount of pure lamentation I have given my poor mother over the years, I will walk into my daughter’s bedroom after she has announced a wild declaration to hitchhike to Alaska or to marry her first love or to start a cupcake bakery, and I will hand her these printed entries and tell her that the sun still rises on the other coast, and it’s still a sight worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment